No doubt you have been inundated with companies sending messages of their response to the COVID-19 virus. These are important messages, but we appreciate you’re busy, so we will keep our comments brief as to how they apply to us working with you.
Rest assured that we have carefully been monitoring and following the various guidelines and edicts of the WHO, local, state, national and foreign governments as appropriate. More importantly, we have taken stock of the various guidelines from our Mining industry clients and suppliers and we are harmonising these into our practice to protect our people, you and yours. Importantly, we are following the various definitions of what is essential travel for mine sites as they apply to you and us.
That said, here are a few practical impacts on our business with you:
- We are at 100% availability and continuing on a busy workload with minimal disruption.
- We’re mobile workers, always have been; we have dispersed our workforce more than usual for reasons of planned isolation, but we are online and collaborating as usual.
- Whereas we may not be able to meet in person as much as normal in the coming period, we are always available for a face-to face call on Zoom or Skype, where we can talk over and collaborate on documents live. We’re always up for a phone call too +61 (0)8 9215 0000
- All international travel is suspended until authorities advise otherwise and it’s safe to do so.
- We are still undertaking domestic travel for essential purposes (mine site and office) as defined by your policy and agreed between us.
- Most our training offerings are available on-line. These are interactive courses, that are as identical to the in-person courses as possible, with all the same tools available and our experienced trainers.
- To our corporate clients, mining companies and corporate advisory firms alike; yes, capital raising efforts may need suspension at this time. Now is a great time to have a chat with us and your corporate advisors to plan for the year ahead.
Above all else, our collective health and safety is paramount. We are doing everything practical to play our part in help ‘flattening the curve’ of the outbreak and by working together I am sure we will succeed soon.