$1,400.00 – $1,750.00 + GST
Live, interactive Online training:
This 1-day course is for decision makers who are working, investing, financing or associated with the mining industry who would like to understand the key fundamentals of the mine cycle – from exploration through to mine closure, from the corporate perspective. The course specifically includes a focus on project valuation (and evaluation) including the VALMIN Code, ASX Chapter 5 requirements and AISC guidance note on forward looking statement (INFO 214).
This course has been designed for:
- Those in corporate transaction services – acquisitions, valuations, mergers, IPOs, Capital Markets
- Investors and Stockbrokers
- Independent Corporate Advisors
- Strategic Board and Governance Advisors
- Financial and Business Advisors
- Audit and Assurance Advisors
- Corporate Advisory
- Corporate Finance
- The decision makers who are working, investing, financing or associated with the mining industry
The course attendees will learn about:
- The fundamentals of the mine cycle
- The key fundamentals of geology and mining
- Drilling and sampling
- The operational practices of the mining industry
- Understand and interpret the key terminology of the mining industry
- Appreciate the importance of drilling and sampling
- Resource estimation and classification
- The writing of the mineral reports according to the reporting codes
- Understanding and interpreting company reports on their mineral resources and exploration results
- How a mining company takes a project through to a mining reserve
- The different mining methods and principles of mine design and planning
- The mining cycle for underground and open pit mines
- The basics of capital and operational costs and how they are incorporated into project valuation
- Valuation methods – how we value a mining company or project
- Valuation methods vs project stage
- Pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies and bankable feasibility studies
- Mine planning to optimise production
- Mine closure and rehabilitation
Please see below for more details about the course and presenter.
We offer a 5% discount if you register for two or more courses or register more than one person for a single course, OR a 10% discount for AIG and AusIMM members.
AIG/AusIMM member coupon code: AIG-AusIMM – You can enter the coupon code when you view your cart/basket. Your AIG or AusIMM membership must be current for you to use the coupon code.
Payments are made via the SecurePay payment gateway which accepts Visa and Mastercard only. All prices are in Australian Dollars. Training held in Australia incurs GST.
You can add the names of additional attendees at the checkout.
Jason Froud BSc(Hon -First Class), Grad Dip App Fin & Inv, MAusIMM, MAIG
Principal Consultant – Corporate Division
Jason is a geologist with more than 25 years’ experience in mining geology, exploration, resource definition, mining feasibility studies, reconciliation, consulting and corporate roles in gold, iron ore, base metal and uranium deposits principally in Australia and Africa. Jason has worked as a Competent Person and Independent Specialist across a range of commodities with expertise in project valuation and evaluation, mineral exploration, grade control, financial analysis, reconciliation and quality assurance and quality control.
Professional Development Rating
This course has been awarded an 8 PD Hours rating by both the AIG and the AusIMM.
This course is also available as In-house training for companies.