$2,650.00–$3,000.00 + GST
This 2-day course covers the QAQC life cycle: from planning the types and frequencies of QAQC data to be collected; the mechanics of collecting, transporting and submitting the samples; analysing to reveal systematic and trending errors; deciding what is and what isn’t a failure; and to making the changes in the resource database.
We take an holistic view of QAQC and emphasise the importance of having a rigorous and comprehensive system. We also emphasise learning the key techniques by building the analysis tools in Excel and by analysing and commenting on real-life QAQC data.
- Sampling process and error
- Accuracy and precision
- Bias and error
- Data management
- Statistical measures
- Dealing with multiple standards
- Bias measurement
- Defining an unacceptable result
- What to do if an unacceptable result is obtained
- Duplicate samples
- Measures of precision
- Defining an acceptable precision outcome
- What to do if the precision achieved is not acceptable
- What to do if contamination is detected
Other areas of QAQC
- Particle size analysis
- Survey data
- Density data
- The geoscience database
During the course you will:
- Understand the key issues associated with and tests for precision, accuracy, contamination and bias
- Learn the optimum insertion rates for the various types of QAQC test for your commodity and system
- Cover best practice associated with CRMs, blanks, duplicates, umpire laboratories and other types of QAQC
- Appreciate the best tools for analysing QAQC data and how to construct the relevant charts and statistics
- Determine anomalies and failures, how to fix them, and how to ensure that it doesn’t recur
- Understand how assay labs work and how to interact with and inspect them
Please see below for more course content and information about the presenter.
We offer a 5% discount if you register for two or more courses or register more than one person for a single course, OR a 10% discount for AIG and AusIMM members.
AIG/AusIMM member coupon code: AIG-AusIMM – You can enter the coupon code when you view your cart/basket. Your AIG or AusIMM membership must be current for you to use the coupon code.
Payments are made via the SecurePay payment gateway which accepts Visa and Mastercard only. All prices are in Australian Dollars. Training held in Australia incurs GST.
You can add the names of additional attendees at the checkout.
Paul Blackney BSc (Hons), MAusIMM, MAIG
Paul Blackney is a geologist with more than 30 years’ technical and operational experience. His skills include resource evaluation, technical audits and reviews, geostatistics, reconciliation, grade control, competent persons reporting and project management. Paul provides worldwide technical training and mentoring in resource estimation, quality control and quality assurance, reconciliation and application of the JORC Code and is respected for his focus on the transfer of his knowledge to other geologists.
This training is designed for exploration and mining geologists and database administrators responsible for generating, processing analysing and reporting on QAQC information for a project, campaign or mine.
“The actual physical manipulation, graphing and interpretation of the data firmly cemented the key principles in my mind as opposed to being talked at with a PowerPoint presentation!”
“I like the real-world examples as I was most interested in learning what to do when results don’t meet our expectations, as well as what is a realistic response.”
“ The lecturer explains the topic very clearly.”
“Very enjoyable. Looking forward to implementing some changes.”
What you need to bring and what Optiro provides
You will need to bring your laptop with Microsoft Office installed. Optiro will provide you with course reference notes, pad, pen, refreshments and a light lunch. You will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Professional Development Rating
This course has been awarded a 16 PD Hours rating by both the AIG and the AusIMM.
This course is also available as either On-site or On-line training.
Please contact Diana Titren, Training Manager, by email or phone +61 8 9215 0000 for more information.