- Payment must be made in full prior to the course starting date.
- Payment can be made via Master or Visa Credit Card, electronic funds transfer, bank draft or other pre-approved payment method.
- Invoices must be paid within 14 days from the date of the invoice.
Cancellation and schedule changes
- Course registration cancellations must be made in writing to
- If you notify Optiro in writing a full 10 days before the scheduled course that you are unable to attend, you will receive a full refund of your registration fee.
- If you notify Optiro about your cancellation less than 10 days before the scheduled course, no fee refund will be made but you do have the option of transferring the paid fee to another Optiro training course or sending a substitute attendee for the scheduled course. The transfer of the paid fee to another Optiro course can only be made once.
- If a student fails to attend a course, course fees will not be refunded or allocated to another course.
- Optiro reserves the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule courses due to low enrollments or unforeseen circumstances. Where a fee refund is due, such a refund will be provided within 30 days. Optiro will have no further liability.
- The course information provided by Optiro is correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- Optiro reserves the right to change course fees, dates, content or presenters at its discretion.
- While all efforts are made to ensure training courses go ahead as scheduled, Optiro reserves the right to change or postpone courses, and to alter course schedules, locations, fees and presenters due to unforeseen circumstances.
- If a presenter is unable to present a course as scheduled, Optiro will whenever possible, use one of our other course presenters to give the course.
- Optiro is required to apply the Goods and Services Tax (GST) on all courses presented in Australia.
Optiro reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.