Drawing on extensive geological, mining engineering, metallurgical and financial expertise, Optiro provides technical expertise and commercial advice to assist clients throughout the mining cycle. Our team are among the most experienced consultants in the industry.
What we do
Optiro is an advisory services firm that provides strategic, independent advice to mining and exploration companies, their advisors and investors. Drawing on extensive geological, mining engineering, metallurgical and financial expertise, Optiro provides technical and commercial advice to assist clients with investment decisions at or before commencement, and maximise operational value throughout the mining cycle. Our team of geologists, mining engineers and other mining professionals are among the most experienced consultants in the industry who are recognised competent persons under JORC and other international standards and have published numerous reports supporting listings small and large on stock exchanges around the world including the ASX, SGX, TSX, JSE, AIM, LSE & NYSE.
Our services as detailed throughout this website include:
- geological services including exploration services, mine geology and resource evaluation, definition, analysis and audit
- mine engineering design, study analysis and audit to provide operational strategies and process improvements aimed at optimising mining operations
- mining project valuation, financial analysis, risk appetite determination, due-diligence and financial optimisation
- audits and reviews including compliance audits, benchmarking reviews, operating and capital cost
- strategic and operational optimisation of mining activities with specialist scenario analysis designed to improved sustainable financial outcomes for mining projects
- corporate advisory services leading to full transaction support and fundraising for mining projects
- knowledge transfer activities, including structured learning, training, mentoring and our free technical podcasts
- provision of specialist software to streamline resource evaluation with accuracy and confidence.
Our Organisation Chart
We started the Optiro business in 2008.
The team that started the business was the management team of one of the better known international mining consultancy practices. The six people that started the business had individually been working in mining for between 20 and 40 years.
We wanted to start a consultancy that had a fresh approach, a boutique practice that offered high value-add to clients by aligning our technical expertise to their business objectives. We felt there was room for an advisory firm that had efficiency and optimisation focus that would lead to better outcomes and higher value for our clients. Coupled with this we felt there needed to be more emphasis on de-risking mining investment decisions. Making better decisions and being more certain about them by understanding the risk also aligned to the optimisation theme. It’s not all we do but it is at our core.
We then went on a search for a name. We wanted our name to be simple, short, unique and easy to say (phonetic). Our business is about OPTImising ResOurces and so the genesis of our unique name, Optiro.
And what about that ‘hat’ on the O? There is a story behind that too. As said earlier, the business had a risk focus and our mantra was to reduce uncertainty by making decisions that were more accurate. How better to display that than the concept of the normal distribution curve we thought. Our business is about getting you to the median at the peak of the curve, increasing confidence and reducing deviation, so we drew the Optiro name under a standard deviation curve. The crude logo concepts shown below are some of the original sketches. As you can see this design was so ugly, it was dropped! However the principle remained with the simplest of distributions ‘the triangular distribution curve’ now residing atop the Optiro ‘O’.