COURSE DATE: 6 December 2017 in Perth
This 1-day course has been designed for all of those associated with classifying and reporting Exploration Targets, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves; also those responsible for market releases through the ASX. Exploration Managers, Chief Geologists, COOs, Planning Managers, Company Secretaries and CEOs will all gain valuable knowledge from the content and no doubt the lively discussions! The course will help you to negotiate the tortuous pathways associated with corporate reporting of Exploration Targets, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves for companies adopting JORC and/or those listed on the ASX.
After a period of relative quiescence following the introduction of the 2012 JORC Code, both ASIC and the ASX are flexing their muscles; in particular, the recent release of Information Sheet 214 has reset the rules for reporting of results from scoping studies, pre-feasibility studies and feasibility studies – or has it?
The course covers all of the issues associated with generating a market release containing information governed by the JORC Code and Section 5 of the ASX Listing Rules. What to report, how to report it, where in the release to place the key information, what must (and must not) be included, what key accompanying declarations are required, will all be covered, with frequent reference to recent examples of successful (and retracted) releases. We will also place the JORC Code and the ASX listing rules in a global context and look where other codes (SAMREC, 43-101) have come from and are going.
- Learn or revise the key definitions of Exploration Targets, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves
- Understand the critical differences between Inferred and other resource categories
- Appreciate and avoid the abuse of Exploration Target reporting
- Partake in a key review of Table 1 content – is too much or the wrong information being disclosed?
- Understand the key requirements in Section 5 of the ASX Listing Rules and what is additional to the JORC guidelines
- What are Scoping Studies, PFS and FS? Where are the boundaries
- Understand the implications of Information Sheet 214 – what can you and can’t you report?
- Share experiences of market releases and learn to avoid common pitfalls
Your LINK to Secure Online Registration.
This course has an 8CPD Hours rating from both The AusIMM and AIG.