Audit & Review
One of the most cost-effective ways of adding value to your organisation is by exposing your project to the discipline of an Optiro audit or review by our experienced consultants.
Audits and reviews can take many forms and include the following:
- compliance audits (e.g. JORC, SAMREC, NI 43-101, SEC/Sarbanes Oxley, ISO 18001).
- benchmarking reviews – how well does your operation correspond to best practice?
- QAQC and reconciliation system audits.
- operating and capital cost reviews.
- quality enhancement reviews.
Through our exposure to a variety of operations and our significant experience base in a variety of commodities, we are continually exposed to modern industry practice and are able to form and consistently refine our views on best industry practice. Optiro can work with you to implement best industry practice at your operation. This can be a most cost-effective way to remove bottlenecks, reduce costs, introduce innovative efficiencies and develop more compliant systems.
Reviews can take place at any level of detail, from fatal-flaw assessments of potential project acquisitions, through process reviews (which focus on the methodology and procedures applied) to reviews which focus on specific areas, such as safety performance, data handling, quality control or reconciliation systems.
Audits are more formal and systematic and we would endorse your compliance status. Audits and reviews are often the first stage of an Operational Optimisation exercise.
For organisations where compliance with a major code is paramount (such as the JORC Code for Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves), we have many years of experience in resource and reserve auditing, and already have audited almost sixty operations. We have developed an innovative format for these audits which provides:
- a quantitative ranking against world’s best practice in over twenty key areas.
- a four-hundred point checklist for assessing your compliance and operational performance.
- a succinct view of the areas for improvement, ranked according to the level of rectification required.
- a compact yet comprehensive summary document which adds real value.
Optiro’s resource and reserve auditing capability has been used by many companies, including two of the world’s top five gold companies.